NIOSH FORUM

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:06 am

All times are UTC + 8:45 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Career in Safety
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:02 pm 

yeah thats the one! rockers to the bone sia! lolx. his eldest son and me are best friends. And his eldest son also in HSE based in Kerteh and the safety officer for the plant there if i'm not mistaken. Dia lah yang buat aku masuk HSE. Old family friends really, afterall grew up in same town as foreigners kat Miri dulu. Org semenanjung also hehehe. Most of my info or notes or if anything i need I'll ask from him, dier kan otai safety so who better to look for info from lolx. For petronas requirements and assistance I ask his son. For Marine HSE I ask my dad or my cousin who's in Petronas Marine, which I think many might have encountered him, Capt Paul Aeria. So kira a lot of relatives lam HSE kot? or mainly Marine side cos i come from a family of uniformed relatives, 2 aunts in nursing, 3 uncles in the Navy, 2 in O&G Marine, 2 cousins in British Armed Forces, 1 in British Air Force, 2 in US air Force, etc. Mungkin dulu family puak lanun laut portigus kot? lolx.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:28 pm 

Haha!! Betul la dude!! Yeah...memang rawks to the bone!! (Kalau meeting on monday morning...muka die sure merah2 punye pagi tu...wahaha!!) I like the way he look at something, which is differ from any other typical Client's rep. Cakap tak merapek. Minta bende yg logic unlike some idiots yg minta bukan2. Damn good at contractor management, which I've learnt something from him yg aku pakai sampai sekarang (ada story sikit pasal nih, aku nak pusing die, tapi die pusing aku balik sampai aku terduduk, damn!!).

Anyway, in Labuan... u work for SSPC izzit? With LCOT ke? Or LSB ke...?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:00 am 

Bro I keje kat labuan nih as a favour to a friend. With small but old company. Fabrication Yard. HSAP Sdn Bhd. The workers here I would have to say are No.1 lah i terms of safety and the quality of work. I was brought it mainly cos no HSE officer even though the company has reached Level 3 HSE award by Shell. Bukan senang dpt lvl 3 OOO schlumberger pun tak dpt i think. Also to get the company thru ISO audits, etc. I was brought here by accident i guess. Was actually called up in Feb chinese new year eve to come down here to lend a hand as a hse officer for a supposedly short 3 week project but the project got extended for 5 months plus and it was a lot of fun. Now back here again for another project but its been delayed so dah 2 bulan ntah aper aku buat kat sini lol.

Anyways, good thing as well with so much free time on my hands this way I have time to learn more and meet up with other people in the field here or basically marketing myself lah lolx. nak cari rezeki kan? lol.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:14 pm 

noyze55 wrote:
...the company has reached Level 3 HSE award by Shell. Bukan senang dpt lvl 3 OOO schlumberger pun tak dpt i think.
You mean the HSEMS Self Assessment Questionnaires? Level 3 out of 4, quite impressive. Lies in the middle between "HSE in the Head" and "HSE in the Heart". From their (Shell) definition, your HSE system is functioning and being verified, results are measured, and key system procedures are documented. Kewl!!

Perhaps if you work longer there, the company will jump one step further to the top i.e. Level 4 (where by their definition, HSE is already in your employees’ and managements’ heart). HSE system sustained and supported by an ongoing improvement process, and essentially all HSEMS elements are satisfied. Perghh...dasyat!! Good luck dude!! Hehe!!

Note: Few years back, aku nampak macam mengarut tentang "HSE in the Heart". Tapi ada satu kali, masa aku pergi mengadap taiko HSE paling besar (for Shell Malaysia – Exploration & Production) kat SSB Lutong office tu, masa aku naik tangga kat belakang receptionist counter (ballroom area) aku kena tegur pasal tak pegang handrail oleh satu mamat yg aku confirm bukan HSE personnel (member aku kasitau le). Dan lepas meeting tu, aku turun guna tangga yg sama, dan sekali lagi aku terlupa nak pegang handrail tu lagik. Kali nih pak guard depa pulak yg tegur aku. Aku macam pelik la...memang betul bagus utk kite pegang handrail, tapi tangga tu sebijik macam tangga kat hotel2 besar i.e. cantik, ada carpet, besar gile sampai aku pun boleh baring kat anak tangga tu, so...aku rasa macam OK jek. Aku pun tanye kat member aku, dan die cakap, kat sini semua "otak safety maa". Aku sengih jek. Yg buat aku suka...teguran2 tu bukan datang dari HSE personnel.

noyze55 wrote:
Also to get the company thru ISO audits, etc. I was brought here by accident i guess. Was actually called up in Feb chinese new year eve to come down here to lend a hand as a hse officer for a supposedly short 3 week project but the project got extended for 5 months plus and it was a lot of fun. Now back here again for another project but its been delayed so dah 2 bulan ntah aper aku buat kat sini lol.
Of course it was a lotsa fun! 3 weeks (short term) job will normally make your wallet full of cash!! And it was extended for 5 months!! Perghh!! Kantau bagus...haha!! Well...this one delayed for 2 bulan... haha!! Just assume that you are in the midst of preparing HSE Plan la bang before "first-cut"...haha!!

noyze55 wrote:
Anyways, good thing as well with so much free time on my hands this way I have time to learn more and meet up with other people in the field here or basically marketing myself lah lolx. nak cari rezeki kan? lol.
Betul...betul!! Tak salah. Dah keadaan macam tu, takkan you pulak nak gatal2 welding plate nak start project? Betul tak? Hehe!!

Ok dude...take care!!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:06 pm 

Yeah the HSE-MS at level 3, which is quite impressive for a company of this stature. Actually its a good idea if i could bring it to HSE level 4, would be a very good personal achievement for me i guess. Might push for it as I can see the staff are capable but i might have to tackle the mgmt which might be tough. Hmm.. will really have to think about it. But its a good challenge hehe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:01 am 

Salute la korg berdua, reza ngan noyze. Sampai aku pun dah tak paham term2 yang korg guna :) byk gak istilah2 yang aku tak pernah dgr.

nampak sgt kena belajar banyak lagi. well, tq for the long advices. really appreciate it. maybe, at this time, has to work hard rather than smart. banyak sgt benda tak tau. memang attend course sana sini and really good on paper but it is no use if cant get hands -on experience.

maybe, we can have a coffee and chit chat more outside. seronok borak ngan org berpengalaman ni.

nak juga jumpa face 2 face ngan tuan irzai dan mr grands. sure leh bljr byk benda :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:22 pm 

yeah would love to meet up with you guys too, but unfortunately for me, I'm in Labuan lolx. Ill be back in KL for 10 days end of october though. SO maybe then can meet up n chit chat lah hehehe.

Anyways, Today managed to call up the HSE MGR for Shell Labuan and asked him to come over for a visit. I asked him if I should try to go for lvl 4 or try to ask for another lvl 3 audit but he told me better not. Cos no.1 we're not doing much shell jobs now and would not be worth it as its usually valid for 6 months to a year and also for lvl 3 also he thinks this time round we wont be able to pass it. Due to one simple action he saw, the HSE Manager no hands-on-rails while coming downstairs. lolx. Mampus lah kantoi terus. But managed to get more info from him on the LTI board cos i felt something was wrong with it, and more stuff lah. So looks like i got more stuff to do here. hehehe.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:15 pm 

adeh...x bape faham r pasal bidang HSE ni...dah bape kali belek pon still mcm x dpt tngkp... ehem...anybody can help me.... ape syarat edosh erk?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:28 am 

OK lah in short, a HSE person is basically an advisor. You advise the management how to spend money on implementing HSE in the work place. Remember ok you ADVISE, which is your role. Overall, a Safety / HSE Officer's role is to keep records, implement safe working practices and mantain LOADS of paperwork.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:25 pm 

hai to otai2 in safety.

sy ada soalan sikit nak tanya ni kalau tak keberatan la,
apa bezanya SHO dan SHE, sebabnya bukan ape di tempat sy ada mamat seorng ni masuk dengan title SHE engineer. itu yang membuatkan saya saya keliru, sebab didalam department saya dah ada Safety Manager, 1 x safety officer dan 4 safety Assist. malah semua dah lulus Cert SHO. adakah seorng SHE engineer tidak perlu lulus Course SHO ? dan apakah tugas2 bagi SHE? maaf la kalau banyak sangat tanya, maklum la budak baru belajar. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next