Industrial Hygiene Analytical Laboratory (IHAL), NIOSH is certified to the requirement of the MS ISO/IEC 17025 by the Department of Standard Malaysia. The scopes of accreditation include the fields of chemical and microbiology testing.
IHAL is your source for high quality laboratory services in the areas of industrial hygiene and in accordance to the requirement under Occupational Safety and Health (Use and Standard of Exposure to Chemical Hazardous to Health) Regulation 2000 or USECHH 2000, and Code of Practice of Indoor Air Quality, 2005.
- Workplace environmental sample – by Hygiene Technician (IHT1) as per required under Part VIII of USECHH 2000 (Monitoring of Exposure at the Place of Work).
- Biochemical samples such as urine and blood- Occupational Health Doctor (OHD) as per requirements under part IX of USECHH 2000 (health Surveillance)
- Microbiology sample – by indoor air quality assessor as complimentary to Code of Practice of Indoor Air Quality, 2005.
|QUALITY ASSURANCE / QUALITY CONTROL
Being an accredited laboratory with ISO/ICC 17205, IHAL demonstrate technical competence for a defined scope and the operation of the laboratory quality management system. This management approach produces services in which total customer satisfaction is achieved.
Security of all samples is maintained from the time they are received at the laboratory until the certificate of analysis received by client. Documentation of analytical result and other laboratory service is kept as hard copy and database for future references. It will remain for three years and they are available for your reference on request. We also provide free advice services on the sampling and analysis as per legal requirements.
IHAL possess the following variety of laboratory equipment to ensure that we can meet the needs of our industrial hygiene clients:
- Gas Chromatography (GC for quantitative organic solvent and pesticide analysis.
- Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) for qualitative hydrocarbon qualitative analysis
- Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) for non-volatile chemical metabolite
- Ion Chromatography (IC) for inorganic compounds.
- Atomic Absorption Spectrometry (AAS) for qualitative metal analyst.
- X-ray Diffraction (XRD) for qualitative spectroscopy mineral/element analysis.
- Phase contrast Microscopy for qualitative asbestos analysis
- Microbalance for dust gravimetric analysis
- Flow injection Mercury System (FIMS) for quantitative mercury analysis.